Frequently Asked Questions
- What do I need to be able to use the sensor? You need a smartphone that is able to scan the NFC sensor.
How long does the sensor stay on the arm?
The sensor can stay for up to 14 days.
- How does the sensor get the glucose data? The sensor has a micro-needle that tracks data in the interstitial fluid (a fluid between the blood and fat cells). Glucose in interstitial fluid differs slightly from blood glucose but the trends usually remain similar.
Does it hurt?
No, but you may feel a slight numbness in your arm. However, it should not be painful. If you have a very low fat percentage (BMI lower than 18.5). The filament of the glucose sensor could reach your muscle, which is not dangerous, but on the one hand is painful and on the other hand, distorts the data.
- Is the sensor water-resistant? The sensor is water-resistant and can be worn while showering. In the notice, it is said that it can be worn while bathing and swimming as well, however, by experience, it can easily detach during prolonged immersion. You should then avoid swimming during this two weeks. In any case do not take your sensor deeper than 1 meter or immerse it longer than 30 minutes in water.
- Can I board a plane with the sensor and pass through security? Yes, you can board a plane with the sensor and pass through the security doors.
- Can I use it in a sauna? Yes, you may not be able to scan it right after the sauna because it will need to cool down, but it should be working again minutes after.
- Can I take pictures for my meals? We stopped handling pictures of meals since 2021 due to the added risk with image data. However, it could be helpful for you to take pictures so that you can have a look back at them later.
- How can I keep track of each meal and their effect? In the FreeStyle LibreLink app you can take notes using the "Add a note" button (or "Lägg till anteckning" in swedish, full instructions on how to do that here, you can only add/edit notes associated with the last scan within 15 minutes.) Make sure you write a note that makes you remember what the meal is. We recommend writing contents/ingredients to remember what was in the meal.
The "Lägg till anteckning" button below is the one you use for notes
- How can I get my glucose analysis? After 14 days of tracking you will get a full report of your glucose levels and an analysis based on your goals. Optionally, if you want to have an analysis earlier you can request this to us by email, but we recommend waiting for at least 7 days.